Software maker (0831083011)
|Name of qualification||Izdelovalec/izdelovalka programske opremeAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Software maker|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Informacijske in komunikacijske tehnologije (IKT)
|Qualification level|| |
The candidate is able to:
- use the hardware and software and services she/he needs in her/his work
- monitor innovations in the profession and learn lifelong learning about new technologies and software development, especially in the field of open source solutions
- transfer knowledge of programming from a known to an unknown programming language or environment
- participate in the preparation of technical documentation and work plan in accordance with occupational standards and principles of rational use of human and material resources and plan their work accordingly
- work in a team and document the work done by the team
- observe safety and environmental standards at work
- follow the company's values, use good business practices, act ethically and in accordance with the sustainable development of society
- manage waste economically / sustainably and understand the economic and environmental effects of waste recycling
- test the operation of the developed software
- install, manage and maintain the developed software
- provide assistance to users in working and troubleshooting software problems
- participate in the planning and security of operation of the developed software
- receive and transmit information about the work, the work process and the condition and shortcomings of the developed software
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here .
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
METHOD OF VERIFICATION
Practical verification with an oral presentation: example product with oral defense .
Prior to the direct examination, the candidate manufactures the following products according to the selection and instructions of the commission:
- a source code application (made with a specific technology, based on the given specifications, in the appropriate programming language, platform, development method, etc.) that uses an SQL or NoSQL database is installed and accessible to the commission, and
- instructions for using the application (in electronic or paper form or built into the user interface of the application), frequently asked questions ...;
- requirements specifications (user stories ...),
- application architecture,
- user interface plan,
- technical implementation plan with time estimate,
- testing plan,
- installation instructions,
- suggestions for upgrades,
- … and
- prepare at least two news items from the professional literature or two articles on portals dedicated to the dissemination of knowledge (StackOverflow ...).
Instructions for the preparation of products, which the candidate must prepare in advance, are determined by the commission after reviewing the personal portfolio. With the products, the candidate demonstrates the mastery of the required occupational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard.
When presenting products at the examination, an oral defense is also performed, which includes the examination of knowledge and skills that are included in individual operational work in the occupational standard of the Software maker.
The candidate can attach the products to a personal portfolio (in the counseling process).
Condition for obtaining certificate
A candidate demonstrates the attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant collection of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.