NVQ catalog, code 0833083011
|Name of qualification
|Aromaterapevt/aromaterapevtkaAdd to comparison 
|Translated title (no legal status)
|Type of qualification
|Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5
|Category of qualification
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
The candidate is able to:
- plan and organize their own work and the work of co-workers
- ensure the quality and performance of work in the work environment in accordance with the law
- use aromatherapy preparations and materials, aids, energy and time responsibly and economically when performing aromatherapy
- responsibly maintain personal hygiene and tidiness and hygiene of the working environment in accordance with standards and regulations and ensure compliance with regulations related to safety and health at work and the environment
- promote the sale of aromatherapy services in accordance with the principles of a good seller
- communicate with colleagues, experts and business partners using modern information and communication technology and business etiquette
- conduct an interview with the client regarding the choice and course of aromatherapy using professional terminology and following the principles of successful communication
- create an aromatherapy plan and prepare the client for aromatherapy in accordance with the professional principles of work in the profession, taking into account the client's wishes and needs
- perform aromatherapy taking into account the professional principles of aromatherapy
- advise the client on the proper use of aromatherapy in accordance with the professional principles of aromatherapy
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here .
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Written examination (theoretical knowledge required by the occupational standard is tested) and
- practical verification with oral defense.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.