Carpenter, restoration assistant (4002503011)
|Name of qualification||Tesar restavratorski sodelavec/tesarka restavratorska sodelavkaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Carpenter, restoration assistant|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Umetnost in humanistika
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- undertake all phases of works in cooperation and agreement with experts from the cultural heritage protection service and other contractors working in a property,
- pay due heed in their work to experts responsible for the protection and conservation of cultural heritage and consistently observe cultural heritage protection legislation,
- accept and review technical documentation and normative acts and other requirements of the cultural heritage protection service and plan their work accordingly,
- assess the causes and degree of damage to wooden structures and carpentry elements,
- prepare wooden structures before a repair intervention,
- carry out repair interventions on wooden structures, clean and repair them using traditional technologies,
- dismantle, clean, repair and insert missing parts/sections in wooden structures, protect them before and during transport, install and protect them following installation, make auxiliary structures to support and shape damaged structures and make replicas of masonry and concrete structures,
- draw attention to unexpected finds and changes during the planning, preparation and implementation of the intervention,
- photographically document all phases of the intervention.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Candidates complete a practical assignment in the field or in a simulated situation in order to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation. The completion of the practical assignment is accompanied by an oral presentation. The test lasts a maximum of 180 minutes.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.