Security guard (4408258011)
|Name of qualification||Varnostnik/varnostnicaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Security guard|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 4|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates are able to:
- independently carry out the handover of services and monitor their work,
- perform security tasks and assignments for protecting people and property while considering the law, implementing regulations, professional standards, internal regulations, instructions of the employer and the requirements of the customer,
- identify safety risks and hazards and become familiar with procedures to prevent them according to the code of conduct of the profession,
- implement measures and other security means while respecting human rights and fundamental freedoms as well as ethical principles,
- protect people and property at points of sale,
- carry out interventions in the event of security events while following regulations,
- maintain order and safety of people and property at public events and public gatherings while following regulations,
- communicate with customers, the customer’s employees and clients and communicate efficiently in different life situations, crises and conflicts,
- use equipment, technical security systems and modern ICT according to the customer’s and the manufacturer’s instructions,
- ensure their safety and health, the safety of the environment and fire safety according to regulations and internal regulations.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Written (60 min), oral and practical verification with an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.