Catering manager (4507576011)
|Name of qualification||Vodja cateringaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Catering manager|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- autonomously plan, prepare and oversee own work and plan and oversee the work of a group in accordance with work quality standards in the catering sector,
- make responsible and economical use of materials, equipment, energy and time in the provision of catering,
- diligently manage and monitor the implementation of HACCP regulations, occupational safety and health regulations and environmental protection principles at an event,
- communicate autonomously with clients and guests in the course of their work,
- taking into account the principles of successful communication and business etiquette,
- autonomously prepare the optimal offering with regard to demand,
- autonomously organise and conduct the preparation of an ordered meal away from their base (catering service),
- implementer and supervise implementation of catering and take responsibility for its quality in accordance with the rules of the profession, work quality standards in the catering sector and aesthetic elements,
- autonomously organise and manage completion of tasks.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Service with an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.