Cheese consultant/cheese sommelier (4601176011)
|Name of qualification||Svetovalec sirov/svetovalka sirov - Sommelier za sireAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Cheese consultant/cheese sommelier|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- autonomously plan, prepare and oversee their own work and the work of auxiliary staff in accordance with quality standards in catering,
- make responsible and economical use of raw materials, equipment, energy and time when serving cheese,
- maintain personal hygiene and a hygienic working environment and diligently attend to the implementation of HACCP regulations when serving cheeses,
- in the course of their work, communicate autonomously with guests and technical services in Slovene and at least one foreign language, taking into account technical terminology, the principles of successful communication and etiquette,
- promote and implement the sale of cheeses employing various sales skills,
- autonomously see to the purchasing of cheese on the basis of sensory assessment and ensure suitable stocks of cheeses and take responsibility for the quality, quantity and variety of the selection of cheeses,
- autonomously prepare cheeses for service in accordance with the rules of the profession,
- autonomously includes cheeses in prepared dishes, taking into account the rules of the profession and modern culinary trends,
- present and recommend cheeses to guests on the basis of the selection available, taking into account modern culinary trends and the rules of the profession,
- serve cheeses to guests in accordance with work quality standards in service and the rules of the profession.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Service with an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.