Assistant chef (5302547011)
|Name of qualification||Pomočnik/pomočnica kuharja/kuhariceAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Assistant chef|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 3|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- plan, prepare and oversee own work in accordance with work quality standards in the catering sector,
- make responsible and economical use of raw materials, equipment, energy and time in their work,
- maintain personal hygiene and a hygienic working environment and diligently attend to the implementation of HACCP regulations in the context of their responsibilities,
- in the course of their work, communicate autonomously with superiors, co-workers and guests,
- participate in the preparation of foodstuffs and accessors, in accordance with the instructions of a superior,
- prepare simple dishes by autonomously carrying out cooking procedures involving mechanical and heat treatment of food and supplementary cooking procedures on the basis of the instructions of a superior,
- work as part of a team preparing more complex dishes in accordance with the instructions of a superior,
- participate in the making of portions, in accordance with the instructions of a superior,
- ensure the suitable storage of foodstuffs and unused dishes, paying due regard to HACCP system regulations and the instructions of a superior.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Practical verification and oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.