Orthopaedic technologist (7250.002.6.1)
|Name of qualification||Ortopedski tehnolog/ortopedska tehnologinjaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Orthopaedic technologist|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 6|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Zdravstvo in socialna varnost
|Qualification level|| |
- plans, prepares, performs and controls own work,
- makes rational use of energy, material and time,
- protects own health, health of others and the environment in special working conditions,
- communicates with co-workers and clients,
- uses modern information and communication technologies,
- physically and mentally prepares the patient for the intervention,
- makes, implements and adapts therapeutic immobilisations using plaster or synthetic materials, taking into account the medical report and X-ray image,
- applies and adapts orthopaedic and technical devices,
- participates in a healthcare team in the repositioning of fractures and sprains,
- controls, corrects, removes or supplements therapeutic immobilisations,
- provides nursing care to the patient,
- carries out health education work and transfers knowledge, skills, experience and innovations from the profession to students and new co-workers.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the counselling process, the candidate prepares a portfolio. The relevant committee assesses the portfolio and recognises the catalogue content in part or in full. If the committee is unable to recognise all catalogue content, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
METHOD OF VERIFICATION
Practical verification with an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
The candidate demonstrates attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant collection of the national reference point for vocational qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, enterprises, inter-enterprise training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.