Cook in front of guests (7331200011)
|Name of qualification||Kuhar/kuharica pred gostiAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Cook in front of guests|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
The candidate is able to:
- independently plan, prepare and control their own work and responsibly organize the work of staff in preparing meals in front of guests,
- use raw materials, energy, appliances and time responsibly and economically when preparing meals in front of guests,
- responsibly ensure occupational safety and comply with environmental principles when preparing meals in front of guests,
- maintain personal hygiene and hygiene of the room for preparing meals in front of guests and responsibly take care of the implementation of the HACCP system regulations in preparing meals in front of guests,
- participate in the preparation of a set of dishes to be prepared in front of guests in regular and special meals, taking into account the characteristics of the target group of guests and the specifics of the restaurant,
- advise guests on the choice of dishes and their combination, taking into account the guest's wishes, allergen content and other rules of the profession, the specifics of the restaurant and modern culinary trends, the principles of successful communication and etiquette and the principles of a good seller in Slovenian and one foreign language,
- independently prepare selected dishes in front of guests (front cooking) by mastering all professional cooking procedures, meaningfully and creatively connect and combine them, adapt to the requirements of guests and ensure the quality of work procedures in accordance with the standards of work in the hospitality industry,
- professionally and qualitatively serve and garnish dishes in front of guests, taking into account norms, aesthetic elements, modern culinary trends and special features of the restaurant, while ensuring the quality of the final product in accordance with the standards of work in the hospitality industry,
- professionally present to guests the procedures, food used and prepared dishes in Slovene and one foreign language, taking into account the principles of successful communication and etiquette and the principles of a good seller,
- to include in their work in an attractive and interesting way professional procedures for preparing meals (animation) in order to attract the attention of the guest and encourage sales.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
In the counseling process, the candidate prepares a personal summary file, which is evaluated by the commission, and if the candidate has submitted credible, valid and relevant evidence of knowledge, skills and competences from the occupationnal standard, the commission may:
- recognizes the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- recognizes the content of the occupational standard in part and determines those knowledge, skills and competencies that it will test,
- does not recognize any content of the professional standard because the candidate does not demonstrate any knowledge, skills and competences from the occupational standard and will check the entire occupational standard as appropriate.
- Verification method
In the practical work assignment, the candidate proves the mastery of the required professional competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and taking into account the prescribed documentation. In addition to the practical task, an oral defense of the task is performed, which includes checking knowledge of food preparation and processing procedures, correct food heat treatment procedures, combining foods for preparing meals in front of guests, serving, knowledge of work equipment, hygiene, protection and health at work, in accordance with the occupational standard Cook in front of guests.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.