Harvester operator for harvesting and transport of timber with forwarder
NVQ catalog, code 7828188011
|Name of qualification
|Upravljalec/upravljalka strojev za strojno sečnjo in izvoz lesa z zgibnim polprikoličarjemAdd to comparison 
|Translated title (no legal status)
|Harvester operator for harvesting and transport of timber with forwarder
|Type of qualification
|Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 4
|Category of qualification
Kmetijstvo, gozdarstvo, ribištvo in veterinarstvo
Candidates are able to:
- plan and organise their work and work within a group,
- provide quality work and job performance in the working environment according to the standards,
- implement the principles of rational use of energy, material and time,
- carry out the work so as to not endanger themselves, others, property or the environment,
- act responsibly and ethically,
- communicate with different stakeholders,
- use modern ICT as required in forestry,
- carry out site preparation for harvesting, inspect the work site and asses and anticipate potential hazards and passability at the site,
- carry out machine logging,
- carry out machine pressing, tailoring and sawing of felled trees and sorting timber,
- transport timber with the forwarder,
- load and unload timber with the hydraulic loader onto the forwarder
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here .
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
METHODS OF VERIFICATION OF VOCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Practical verification with an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.