Expert for information and communication equipment and services
NVQ catalog, code 8665866011
|Name of qualification
|Strokovni sodelavec/strokovna sodelavka za informacijsko-komunikacijsko opremo in storitveAdd to comparison 
|Translated title (no legal status)
|Expert for information and communication equipment and services
|Type of qualification
|Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 6
|Category of qualification
Informacijske in komunikacijske tehnologije (IKT)
The candidate is able to:
- use the hardware and software and services he needs in his work
- monitor innovations in the profession and learn for life about new hardware and software and services
- prepare technical documentation and work plan for a small project in accordance with professional standards and principles of rational use of human and material resources and plan their work with them
- participate in a group and document the work done
- observe safety and environmental standards at work
- follow the company's values, use good business practices, act ethically and in accordance with the sustainable development of society
- manage waste economically / sustainably and understand the economic and environmental effects of waste recycling
- plan the installation, management and maintenance of hardware and software information and communication equipment and services and implement the plan
- coordinate assistance to users in the use of information and communication equipment and services
- plan and ensure security in the operation of information and communication equipment and services
- receive and transmit information on work, work procedures and the state and shortcomings of hardware and software and services
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here .
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
METHOD OF VERIFICATION
Practical verification with an oral presentation: example product with oral defense.
Before the direct examination, the candidate prepares the products according to the selection and instructions of the commission:
- a short programme with source code in a specific programming language and scripts for automating certain tasks (creating a backup copy of the required data),
- example of a query database
- a virtual machine with an open source operating system installed and certain settings, as well as certain system and user software,
- internal instructions for dealing with a given scenario (eg. use of new information and communication equipment / service, handling of emergencies, installation or replacement of digital certificates, handling of malicious e-mails, reporting errors…),
- prepare at least two news items from the professional literature.
Instructions for the preparation of products, which the candidate must prepare in advance, are determined by the commission after reviewing the personal portfolio. With the products, the candidate demonstrates mastery of the required occupational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard.
When presenting the products at the examination, the candidate also performs an oral defense, which includes the examination of knowledge and skills that are included in individual operational work in the occupational standard Expert for information and communication equipment and services.
The candidate can attach the products to a personal portfolio (in the counseling process).
Condition for obtaining certificate
A candidate demonstrates the attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.