Glassblower – gatherer
NVQ catalog, code 8846302011
|Name of qualification
|Steklopihalec krogličar/steklopihalka krogličarkaAdd to comparison 
|Translated title (no legal status)
|Glassblower – gatherer
|Type of qualification
|Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 3
|Category of qualification
Tehnika, proizvodne tehnologije in gradbeništvo
Candidates will be able to:
- Receive and understand daily instructions and plan their work by phases accordingly.
- Prepare the workplace, the aperture, blowing accessories and other glassworking tools and wooden and metal moulds.
- Make a glass blob without defects as per the requirements of the technical documentation of the product and occupational health protection rules.
- Gather and blow glass into a blob of uniform height and thickness with the correctly measured height of glass on the blowpipe, taking into account the technical documentation of the product and workplace health protection rules.
- Assess the temperature and quality of glass and alert a superior in the event of deviations.
- Form simple blown products in accordance with technical documentation setting out product quality criteria.
- Ensure quality and the achievement of quantitative norms of products produced while observing regulations, the principles of rational use of energy, time and material, and good business practices.
- Work in such a way as not to endanger themselves or other people in their working environment or pollute the environment, and in this regard adapt their own activity to the tasks at hand.
- In communication with the various stakeholders they encounter in their work, observe business ethics and the values of the enterprise.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here .
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Candidates complete a practical assignment to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation.
- The practical assignment may be accompanied by an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Currently no providers.