|Name of qualification||Knjigovez/knjigovezkaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Bookbinder|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 4|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Umetnost in humanistika
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- plan and organise their own work,
- make rational use of energy, material and time,
- ensure the quality and efficiency of their own work in the working environment in accordance with standards,
- protect health and the environment,
- develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and knowledge,
- communicate with co-workers and clients,
- use modern information and communication technology,
- carry out work in accordance with technical and technological instructions,
- bind books and brochures by hand and make special bindings,
- manufactures books, brochures, magazines and other graphic products by machine,
- print covers using hot or blind printing techniques.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the portfolio contains proof of work experience involving complex bookbinding products (hardback and paperback books bound using manual and/or mechanical binding techniques), the committee may validate the contents of the catalogue in part or in full. Candidates who submit proof of work experience involving complex bookbinding products in their portfolio which does not fully satisfy point 11 of this catalogue shall undergo verification in those tasks which the committee is unable to validate. In cases where candidates do not provide proof of work experience involving complex bookbinding products (hardback and paperback books bound using manual and/or mechanical binding techniques) as laid down in point 11 of this catalogue, the committee will verify the production of two complex bookbinding products (hardback and paperback books bound using manual and/or mechanical binding techniques).
Candidates demonstrate their proficiency in the required tasks via a practical assignment; this is followed by an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.