Dental assistant (6815877011)
|Name of qualification||Zobozdravstveni asistent/zobozdravstvena asistentkaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Dental assistant|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Zdravstvo in socialna varnost
|Qualification level|| |
- plans, prepares, performs and controls own work,
- makes rational use of energy, material and time,
- protects health and the environment,
- communicates with co-workers and clients and use modern information technology,
- to ensure the quality and success of one's own work and to behave responsibly and ethically,
- prepare a dental chair, devices, dental materials and accessories and operate dental appliances
- cleans, disinfects and sterilises dental instruments and work surfaces,
- participate in dental preventive procedures,
- participate in dental pedontological procedures,
- participates in dental conservation operations,
- participates in endodontic operations,
- participates in dental surgical operations,
- participates in dental prosthetic operations,
- participates in orthodontic treatment.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Practical assessment with oral defense: the candidate proves in a practical work assignment the mastery of the required occupational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and medical documentation. In addition to the practical assignment, there is also an oral defense of the assignment, which includes a test of knowledge and skills in accordance with the occupational standard Dental Assistant.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.