Specialist glassblower (3615348011)
|Name of qualification||Steklopihalec specialist/steklopihalka specialistkaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Specialist glassblower|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Tehnika, proizvodne tehnologije in gradbeništvo
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- receive, review and understand technical documentation and
- plan the timetable and phases of their own work and the work of the group in the hot-shaping process;
- organise and manage the hot-shaping work process;
- demonstrate familiarity with the process of preparing glassmaking compounds and melts and monitor glass melting;
- gather and blow glass into a blob of uniform height and thickness with the correctly measured height of glass on the blowpipe, taking into account the technical documentation of the product and workplace health protection rules;
- monitor the temperature and quality of glass and take appropriate action in the case of discrepancies;
- make more complex products in accordance with the product quality criteria laid down in technical documentation, with or without the use of a mould (decorative products, hollow shapes, bases of chalices, vases, etc.);
- ensure quality and the achievement of quantitative norms of products produced while observing regulations, the principles of rational use of energy, time and material, and good business practices
- work in such a way as not to endanger themselves or other people in their working environment or pollute the environment, and in this regard adapt their own activity to the tasks at hand;
- in communication with the various stakeholders they encounter in their work, observe business ethics and the values of the enterprise;
- use modern information and communication technologies and relevant software tools in their work.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which a committee then assesses, validating catalogue content in part or in full. If the committee is unable to validate all contents of the catalogue, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
Candidates complete a practical assignment to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation. The practical assignment may be accompanied by an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Currently no providers.