|Name of qualification||Barman/barmankaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Bartender|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- autonomously plan, prepare and oversee their own work and the work of a group in accordance with quality standards in catering work,
- make responsible and economical use of raw materials, equipment, energy and time in preparing and serving beverages,
- maintain personal hygiene and a hygienic working environment and diligently attend to the implementation of HACCP regulations in beverage preparation and service,
- in the course of their work communicate independently with guests in Slovene and two foreign languages, observing the principles of successful communication,
- independently advise guests on the selection of drinks and beverages using technical terminology in Slovene and two foreign languages and applying the skills of a good salesperson,
- autonomously prepare and serve mixed bar drinks in accordance with work quality standards and the rules of the profession,
- autonomously serve spirits, liqueurs, wines, aromatised wines, sparkling wines, beers,
- autonomously serve non-alcoholic drinks and hot and cold beverages,
- autonomously serve snacks, desserts and tobacco products,
- autonomously prepare and clean the bar and accessories.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Practical verification and oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.