|Name of qualification||Tetover/tetoverkaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Tattooist|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 5|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Transport, varnost, gostinstvo in turizem, osebne storitve
|Qualification level|| |
The candidates will be able to:
- plan and organise their own work and, if need be, the work of others,
- set up the work area, equipment and accessories in accordance with the prescribed sanitary and health conditions,
- Prepare themselves and the client for the tattooing procedure,
- Independently create a tattoo template and perform the procedure in accordance with the professional principles of tattooing work, taking into account the client’s wishes and protecting his/her privacy,
- Have a focused talk with the client about his/her health condition, about how he/she feels at the moment, about the choice of the tattoo design, the tattooing process and its consequences, and the choice of the location for the tattoo,
- Give advice to the client about further care for the tattoo and the tattooed area,
- Responsibly maintain personal hygiene and organised approach, and the hygiene of the working environment in accordance with sanitary and health requirements and regulations, ensuring the compliance with the regulations pertaining to occupational health and safety and environmental protection,
- Ensure the quality and successful performance of work in the working environment, in accordance with established standards of quality of work in the field of tattooing, and use entrepreneurial knowledge and skills in the process,
- Use the materials, accessories, energy and time in tattooing responsibly and economically,
- Recognise potential risks that tattooing could present, and act in accordance with their competences,
- To communicate independently in their work with customers, co-workers, experts and business partners by using contemporary information-communications equipment and abide by business ethics in the process.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Performance of the service followed by defence interview.
With a practical display of the performance of the tattooing service, the candidate proves that he/she possesses the required professional competence that meets the professional standards.
The candidate is expected to find a model for the practical display of the service.
If the candidate wishes to perform the evaluated service with his/her own tattoo machine, needles and inks, he/she must bring them along to the test. The machines, accessories and materials must be certified and allowed for use in accordance with the regulations in force.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant collection of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.