Foundry worker – process caster (5054613011)
|Name of qualification||Livar/livarka procesnega litjaAdd to comparison |
|Translated title (no legal status)||Foundry worker – process caster|
|Type of qualification||Nacionalna poklicna kvalifikacija, SOK raven 4|
|Category of qualification||Poklicna kvalifikacija|
|Admission requirements|| |
|ISCED field|| |
Tehnika, proizvodne tehnologije in gradbeništvo
|Qualification level|| |
Candidates will be able to:
- receive instructions from a superior and organise their own work accordingly,
- prepare machines, devices and tools for the metal casting process and start up machines and equipment in accordance with technical instructions,
- manage the process of preparing a melt in a casting furnace and guide the casting process in accordance with standards and regulations and observing instructions for high-quality, safe and environmentally friendly work,
- oversee the status and correct functioning of machinery and equipment for process casting and ensure the optimal use of energy products and material,
- communicate with superiors, technologists, quality control personnel and other co-workers,
- carry out preventive maintenance of machines, equipment and tools.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre.
Assessment and completion
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
METHODS OF VERIFICATION OF VOCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Practical verification with an oral presentation.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.